2007 24 Hours of Le Mans Live Streaming Video Coverage

2009 Update: I've updated the front page with links for the 2009 Le Mans race.

24 Hours of Le MansHere are some links to live streaming video and audio feeds for the 75th running of the 24 Hours of Le Mans. SpeedTV will be providing approximately 20 hours of coverage for people in the US and you can also tune in to an audio broadcast at Radio Lemans. For other coverage including photos and live timing, head over to The Paddock.

2007 24 Hours of Le Mans Live Streaming Video:
Streamingx1 (requires IE)
TVU Networks (Channel 53060 - requires player installation)

I have no experience with the TVU player and have no idea what is in the software. Install it at your own risk. I'll be keeping an eye out for more feeds and will post links throughout the day as I find them. Enjoy the race!

34 Responses to “2007 24 Hours of Le Mans Live Streaming Video Coverage”

1. Comment by Grant | 06/16/07 at 6:22 am

apprently this is a working link but all i get is a trailer for nurburgring 24 hours but you might aswell give it ago mms://www-41.st-innovation.com/24h/2007/24h_Streamdummy.wmv

2. Comment by Grant | 06/16/07 at 6:40 am

tvu is good but its gonna cut off for the f1 later on and nascar so will need something to fill in the gaps

3. Comment by admin | 06/16/07 at 6:44 am

Thanks Grant.

I’m seeing the same thing as you are at that link. Maybe it will change over to Le Mans at some point.

If you happen to find any more, feel free to post them.

4. Comment by Grant | 06/16/07 at 6:47 am

yeah i hope so last year radio le mans had a few links but thats all i found on there this year just have to hope :P

5. Comment by admin | 06/16/07 at 6:48 am

If you’re comfortable playing around with your browser’s proxy settings, you may want to have a look at this thread over at The Paddock:

Some people have been able to get the feed from RTL.nl ( http://stream.rtl.nl/rtlevent ) working by going through a proxy.

6. Comment by Grant | 06/16/07 at 7:01 am

have any idea how to chnage the proxy?

7. Comment by admin | 06/16/07 at 7:07 am

Here’s a post from that thread with some instructions:

Proxies tend to be hit or miss and can be really slow at times. I didn’t have any luck with it.

8. Comment by Grant | 06/16/07 at 7:14 am

didn’t work for me either :( thanks for your help i’m still looking out for links

9. Comment by Grant | 06/16/07 at 7:18 am

tvu has switched to f1 now and wont go back to le mans for quite a while

10. Comment by admin | 06/16/07 at 7:25 am

Good luck in finding some working links. I’ll be away for a few hours but hopefully I’ll be able to get some more links up when I get back.

http://vod.premiere.de/oxid/ has a pay per view feed but the site is in German so it’s not really an option for me.

11. Comment by David | 06/16/07 at 8:04 am

On Sopcast, channel 19959 had some French language Canal + coverage for a while but then the guys who’s feed it is changed the channel to the F1 in the USA.

Le Mans won’t be back on TVU until 10:30pm, so there might be some earlier coverage on said Sopcast channel.

Just to let everyone know, the TVU channel has continuous coverage from 10:30pm till the end of the race (except for an hour gap between 00:00 and 01:00)

12. Comment by Grant | 06/16/07 at 8:18 am

if anyone can find on that tvu player motors tv that would be very useful as i’ve heard they have the full race

13. Comment by Allan | 06/16/07 at 8:25 am

I hope someone is still looking for a stream from the track, RadioLeMans is great but some video to go along with the commentary would be great.
    BTW, does anyone know of a version of TVU that is windows98 compatable?
    Enjoy the race,
    Allan

14. Comment by David | 06/16/07 at 9:32 am

There are older versions of TVU on this website http://myp2p.eu/Programs/TVU.htm

Not sure if they’ll work with Windows ’98 though.

Motors TV do have the full race but it’s not available for streaming online as far as I’m aware.

15. Comment by admin | 06/16/07 at 10:09 am

I’m still looking and I’ll post any links as soon as I find them.

Thanks for the heads up on Sopcast, David.

Allan, if the TVU software doesn’t work for you under Windows 98, their browser plugin might be an option. Going to the StreamingX1 link above ( http://www.streamingx1.net/ ) and selecting the “Wheels” link under “24 ore di Le Mans” will prompt you to install the TVU IE plugin. As with any browser plugin, install at your own risk. Using the plugin gives you access to the SpeedTV feed which is currently showing F1 qualifying. Le Mans coverage will resume at 5:30PM EST

According to this site and some others, the TVU software is clean:

16. Comment by Grant | 06/16/07 at 10:20 am

i’m just gonna check radio le mans quickly if their is anything new on there i’ll post links

17. Comment by Grant | 06/16/07 at 10:21 am

nope nothing new on their

18. Comment by Vince | 06/16/07 at 10:50 am

Too bad ESPN doesn’t fill in the gaps with this Le Mans race instead of showing that boring poker which is only good when you’re playing and winning!

19. Comment by Grant | 06/16/07 at 12:53 pm

just heard on radio le mans there is a french stream somewhere

20. Comment by admin | 06/16/07 at 1:14 pm

I knew I should have taken French :)

I’ll poke around to see if I can find some more info. Thanks, Grant.

The TVU stream should be back soon and should be staying with Le Mans through the rest of the race with a one hour exception for Nascar practice.

21. Comment by Grant | 06/16/07 at 1:38 pm

well i hope that the french one has no adverts i’m getting annoyed with the speed ones :P

22. Comment by admin | 06/16/07 at 3:14 pm

Well, at least you’re not asking for much :).

I couldn’t find anything on the French stream, sorry. I must have looked through over 100 websites, blogs and forums searching for some other feeds with no luck.

Speed coverage will be back in an hour and as far as I know, they’ll be covering the race until the checkered flag.

It’s too bad one of the manufacturers didn’t step up and provide a stream. Maybe next year.

I’m off to get some food before the race is back on. Thanks for stopping by guys.

23. CT
    Comment by CT | 06/16/07 at 3:49 pm

are there any streams which work on Mac?

24. Comment by David | 06/16/07 at 3:50 pm

Just waiting for the Speed stream to re-start. I’m considering an all-nighter, but I’m not sure I’ll make it.

I must say, I’m pretty impressed with the TVU software, it’s pretty light on the desktop and the quality of the stream is top notch.

Is anyone else staying up?

25. Comment by admin | 06/16/07 at 4:04 pm

CT,

I’m not familiar with what will work on a MAC (other than quicktime) but the only streams I’ve found are windows media and windows based browser plugins.

26. Comment by admin | 06/16/07 at 4:09 pm

I’m pretty impressed with TVU as well. I was reluctant to install it but I figured I better check it out before I post a link to it. Now all I need is a Motors TV feed and I’ll be a happy camper. I’m in the US so it would be nice to have access to some of their coverage as 90% of what we get here is Nascar.

As far as an all nighter, I haven’t done one of those in a while. At the very least I’ll be getting up a few hours early.

27. CT
    Comment by CT | 06/16/07 at 4:12 pm

which streams have you found? I can often play windows media, it’s just I need links directly to the stream and not the website

28. CT
    Comment by CT | 06/16/07 at 4:14 pm

What streams have you found? I can often play windows media but I need the link to the direct feed and not just the site it’s from

29. Comment by Grant | 06/16/07 at 4:14 pm

I’m pulling an all nighter i’m just putting up with speeds ads

30. Comment by David | 06/16/07 at 4:16 pm

SpeedTV ads = more coffee :)

31. Comment by David | 06/16/07 at 4:20 pm

Just wondering, has anyone seen a replay of the Audi 3 crash at Tetre Rouge? I saw the wreck but not what actually happened to Rockerfeller.

32. Comment by Grant | 06/16/07 at 4:39 pm

i think he just lost control of the car and there hasnt been a replay that i’ve seen

33. Comment by Grant | 06/16/07 at 4:41 pm

don’t think so

34. Comment by admin | 06/16/07 at 6:15 pm

CT,

There was a stream available at StreamingX1 earlier but it looks like it’s down now.