GTR2 Aussie V8 Supercars Mod and Tracks

I've been meaning to check out the Aussie V8 Supercars mod for GTR2 for a while now. After watching replays of the series every Tuesday on the Speed Channel, I finally got around to downloading the mod so I could check it out. It was done by the Mr Men Mod Team and it's a must have if you're a fan of the series. It's similar to the V8 mod they originally created for rFactor before the ORSM V8factor mod was released. Check below for download links to the mod and the tracks currently available. The tracks that aren't linked haven't been released yet but I'll update the post when they become available. A big thanks to Mr Men Mod Team for this great addition to GTR2.

Download the Aussie V8 Supercars Mod for GTR2:

Oran Park
Phillip Island
Pukekohe
Queensland
Sandown
Symmons Plains

14 Responses to “GTR2 Aussie V8 Supercars Mod and Tracks”

1. Comment by michael | 03/26/07 at 4:09 am

Hi there

the V8 mod is awesome, cars look great and are loads of fun to drive. But I have downloaded the tracks and am unclear as to where to place the files once they are extracted.

For example with the Bathurst track, I assume the MMMBathurst folder goes in the Locations folder loctated in Gamedata, but where do the MMMBathurstMAP.GTR, MMMBathurst.GTR and MMMBathurstRain.GTR go?

Any advice would be appreciated, thanks.

Cheers

Mike

2. Comment by admin | 03/26/07 at 5:06 am

Hi Mike.

When you extract the track files it should create a “Bathurst” folder. If not, you will need to create one manually.

The MMMBathurstMAP.GTR, MMMBathurst.GTR and MMMBathurstRain.GTR files should be in that folder along with the MMMBathurst subfolder.

Put the entire “Bathurst” folder inside your Gamedata\Locations folder and you should be all set.

Your paths for the tracks should look something like this:

GTR2\GameData\Locations\Bathurst
    GTR2\GameData\Locations\Sandown
    etc.

I hope that fixes your problem. If not, let me know.

3. Comment by michael | 03/28/07 at 3:48 am

Hi Again

Thanks for your help. the problem was I was placing the extracted bathurst folder into loctaion folder, but the bathurst folder had another bathurst folder in it. So I guess that was confusing the program. Copying the just the second subfolder into locations fix all. If that makes sense.

Anyway all good and thanks again.

Mike

4. Comment by admin | 03/28/07 at 1:10 pm

Hi again Mike,

That makes perfect sense and it’s good to hear you got it sorted out.

Cheers.

5. Comment by Dean | 05/15/07 at 4:11 am

I’ve downloaded and installed the v8 mod, and i can seem only to race the V8s at Adelaide. I have other v8 tracks like Pukekohe, Bathust and Phillip Island but i don’t know hot to race the V8 Supercars on them. What do i do and how do i get the v8s to race on other tracks other than adelaide??????

6. Comment by admin | 05/15/07 at 6:01 pm

Hi Dean,

The first thing I would check is to make sure the tracks are installed correctly.

For example, Bathurst should be extracted and installed to:

GTR2\GameData\Locations\Bathurst

Make sure you don’t have something like this:

GTR2\GameData\Locations\Bathurst\Bathurst

If the tracks are installed correctly, just start up GTR2 and use the arrows in the car class menu to select the MMM V8 Supercars. Then choose the track you want to race on and it should work fine. If you’re still having problems, post another comment here and we’ll try to get it figured out.

7. Comment by Simon | 05/16/07 at 4:04 am

Is any one gonna do the 2007 skins

8. Comment by admin | 05/16/07 at 6:40 pm

Hi Simon,

I don’t know if anyone is working on the 2007 skins. You might want to get in touch with someone from the Mr Men Mod team and check with them. There’s a link to their site in the post and you can find a contact e-mail in the readme.txt included with the mod and tracks they’ve released.

9. Comment by Matt | 06/14/07 at 1:17 am

why dosnt this game have a Winton Motor Raceway the Supercars race there y dosnt GTR have a winton mod

10. Comment by admin | 06/14/07 at 5:48 pm

Hi Matt,

I haven’t seen Winton available anywhere for GTR2 but that doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist.

If you can’t find a working version for GTR2, you could always convert the GTL version. It can be downloaded from NoGrip Racing here:

You’ll also need the GTL to GTR2 track converter:

I don’t have any experience with the converter so I’m afraid I’m not much help in that department. The guys in the No Grip forums could probably give you some assistance if you run into problems.

11. Bob
    Comment by Bob | 06/18/07 at 6:32 pm

I’ve installed the mod and everything works great except I can’t adjust the trans gear ratios. The only way I can get different gearing is if I download an online setup.

12. Comment by admin | 06/18/07 at 8:24 pm

Hi Bob,

There’s some info about gear ratios and setups at the bottom of this page:

13. Comment by Sean | 10/02/07 at 8:45 pm

Hi dose this v8 mod work on ver 1.1? I am having trouble running it, it just shuts down the game when I click on continue!
    Cheers.

14. Comment by admin | 10/03/07 at 6:45 pm

Hi Sean,

The V8 mod works fine for me in 1.1. I would double check to make sure you have it installed correctly (in the right folders etc). If that doesn’t fix it, I would ask around on the No Grip GTR2 forum:

Maybe someone there has run into the problem and can offer some suggestions.